Monday, October 28, 2013

Week Two: No Signs of Life

I went to observe my microaquarium on Thursday 24, 2013 around 3 p.m. only to find that, other than the two photo synthetic organisms that I added, there were no signs of life. I spent some time looking until I told Dr. McFarland who then took me to the greenhouse to collect water from some different sources.

In the greenhouse, we poured out my old water and Dr. McFarland started collecting from different sources. Some water was taken from the holding tanks. Some was taken from a carnivorous plant Nepenthes truncata. Dr. McFarland also added a cyanobacteria to increase the diversity.

I took my aquarium back to the lab and started observing under the microscope again. There seemed to be signs of life this time and hopefully everything will be alive and bustling next time when I return to observe and begin identification.

No comments:

Post a Comment